This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dew eze Hay monster

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Dew eze Hay monster

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Anybody had any experiance with a deweze hay monster? I just bought one from a neighbor. His kids had hauled hay for me a few times several years ago but now they are grown and gone so I bought it.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Dew eze Hay monster

Postby beaconlight » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Got a picture? I have no idea what it is.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 am

This other forum thread has a couple pictures of the machine:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ag-t ... nster.html

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 am

Thanks Ray
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:11 am

My cousin has one. He's had it for quite a few years. Back before the bit round bales were so common he did custom loading for most of the farms within about 100 miles. He put four kids through college with it so figures it paid for itself. The kids hated the summer job but from what I can see it didn't really hurt any of them. His daughters are now sort of proud of their work abilities. I've helped with the loading a few times and it's amazing how quickly it can fill up. You really learn to use your "sea legs". He always drove because everyone else was afraid to go as fast as he did. It takes two on the platform to keep up and if the hay was a good stand you really have to hustle to not fall behind. You do get a break during transport time. At the height of the haying operations he had it modified with a rear discharge that would put the bales back to a trailer so he could load a trailer and the monster each trip. His has Chrysler running gear with the old reliable 318 v8. Never has any problems other than an occasional hydraulic hose break. At the end of a long day of riding the monster you don't have any trouble falling asleep. :wink: :wink:
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am

The only problem I can see would be you need open fairly level ground due to it's high center of gravity. It would have been heaven to stand on that stacking hay instead of walking miles and miles in the field while throwing bales on a wagon. It looks like 3 people can handle it, as opposed to a minimum of 4 or more for a tractor and wagon. The big concern will be how well it has been cared for.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:50 pm

I bought it and fixed it up we used it this past week and it worked out great. Buuut the kids won't talk to me now. no matter how much I tell them that it is a fantastic machine and how much better it is than a bucking sled. Ungrateful little dookie piles are just like their mother. GT I will try to take some pictures and post them next season. Should be fun. I am the driver by the way.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:05 am

Garland Terry wrote:I bought it and fixed it up we used it this past week and it worked out great. Buuut the kids won't talk to me now. no matter how much I tell them that it is a fantastic machine and how much better it is than a bucking sled. Ungrateful little dookie piles are just like their mother. GT I will try to take some pictures and post them next season. Should be fun. I am the driver by the way.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:29 am

I gotta find one of these.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”