This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I Wonder Why!!?????

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070
Circle of Safety: Y

I Wonder Why!!?????

Postby Bill E Bob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:08 am

Background: Vintage 1986 Kubota B7200HST 950cc 3 cyl diesel approx 475 hrs. Only part replacement has been tach cable. Recently removed ROPS and rotated exhaust 90 degrees from upright to forward (removed extension pipe in process). This so I could mow under trees on my lot (Yes it's dead level so no worry about rollover).
After rotating the exhaust, started spitting coolant at me, so figured the hot exhaust was getting pulled through the radiator. Found suitable short elbow to redirect exhaust downward and away from front of tractor. Still spit at me!! OK, so rotated exhaust back to vertical (with short elbow) Yep, spit coolant at me again. Made sure radiator was clean, fan was operational and thermostat opened at proper temp. Once again about halfway through the lawn, she spits coolant at me. Ok, you win--replaced long extension on vertical exhaust. Complete the lawn and sweep it--no problems :shock: :?

Question: What the :censored: is going on here :shock: :?: :?:

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Re: I Wonder Why!!?????

Postby Jackman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:11 am

Heres my guess ,, the coolant is leaking and when your exhaust was vertical you just did not know it was leaking but now that its 90 degrees turn its got you attention by spitting as opposed to evaporating ......... Just a guess :? :?

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Re: I Wonder Why!!?????

Postby Gary Dotson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 am

Gotta love a good mystery! I have the exhaust horz. on all three of my Kubotas. (B6200 & B8200) Never a problem. I'm runn short turn outs, angled down about 45 deg. I don't have any theories about it, but I think I'd check out the cooling system very carefully.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”