Ford 2000 offset

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Ford 2000 offset

Postby Joey » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:30 pm

Hey guys! I got my hands on a Ford 2000 offset that seems to be complete. Been sitting up a long time outside - a little rust through on some of the sheet metal, but very little. It's been sitting so long, the gas turned to caramel. A very nasty, sticky mess. I'm currrently cleaning and rebuilding the carburetor, and I plan to put in a new fuel line rather than try to clean the old one. The inside of the tank also has the caramel mess. I noticed beads of rust on the gas tank that when I rubbed it, the rust flakes came off and left dimples on the surface. I'm concerned that there may be pin holes. Where can I send the tank to get refurbished, or is it something I can do on my own? Any advice is appreciated!
Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Brent » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:58 am

Joey,

What is a Ford 2000 offset. I have a 1964 or 65? Ford 2000 Industrial with the 4 cylinder diesel I still use around the place. Are they similar?
Always try the easiest thing first.
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 93510

Return to Other Tractors and Machinery