This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

John Deere 316 with a 18 hp Onan

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

John Deere 316 with a 18 hp Onan

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:50 pm

I got this from someone on a small engine list. I'm not at all familiar with his type ignition. Anyone here have a clue for him? My first thought was ignition switch.

Hello , I have a John Deere 316 with a 18 hp Onan , It wouldnt start at all , I replaced the Control box , voltage regulator and coil , I checked the coil with the ignition on , the right side has power but the left doesnt . I can run a hot wire to the right side of the coil ( booster ) and it will start ... I was wondering if the ignition module could be bad or is there another problem ... Help !!!!
Young man for work, old man for advice

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:07 pm

The only thing I can suggest is that you need to obtain an electrical schematic for the tractor.

There is a good chance one of the safety switches, a dash switch (dual purpose), inline diode is bad. With out a good schematic you will have a hard time tracing down the problem.

Example: CCC tractors, the PTO switch must be in the off position to start the tractor. The off position permits continuity thru the PTO switch to another safety switch.

Good luck

Eugene

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:47 pm

naoterh example is my white. requires pto off, brake pedal down, and weight on seat to start.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:50 pm

Never mind. I replied to his e-mail and it bounced back saying he was not excepting mail from my address????

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:47 am

Jim:

That probably is just his ISP. Apparently there are ISP's now with filters and firewalls that require you to be accepted by the user before you can send emails..... they are trying to cut down on spam...

It is a pain in the butt I think...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:43 am

Yep Rudi
I knew that. I have a first cousin who is a lawyer and he has so many filters on his e-mail account I can not send him anything that I send to someone else at the same time. I cannot even send him something that I copy and paste into his mail. Forget about a picture are a url are attachment. Some people are so afraid of getting a virus they should not even have a internet service. I use a hardware firewall and a good antivirus and firewall software and get along very well. Even going to all the underground sites. My pop up blocker works super good also. Someone did hijack my home page the other week but I ran the Avast online scanner and it fixed it when what I had would not are are any of the other online scanners. Avast is free to. And a super good program. It is no trouble for me to delete e-mail I'm not intrested in.