This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

8N, worth saving?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DZG
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49247

8N, worth saving?

Postby DZG » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Worth trying to save, or waste of time? I might end up divorced but im thinking about it...

https://toledo.craigslist.org/hvo/5462649194.html

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 8N, worth saving?

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Check the price of rims and tires, then figure out how you'll load it. I think I'd pass unless you needed the parts for another Ford.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Looks like only parts to me too. Find a decent running 8n and get this one for parts and I'm pretty sure you would come way ahead compared to fixing that one.
Trent McPeak

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Parts tractor, like the others, I would pass. You can purchase a work ready 8N for less money than repairs.
DZG wrote:I might end up divorced but I'm thinking about it.
It being the tractor, divorce, or both?
I have an excuse. CRS.

DZG
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49247

Postby DZG » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Eugene wrote:Parts tractor, like the others, I would pass. You can purchase a work ready 8N for less money than repairs.
DZG wrote:I might end up divorced but I'm thinking about it.
It being the tractor, divorce, or both?

If i hauled that thing home. Lol

Thanks for the advice, ive always had a big soft spot for N tractors, and 73-79 Fseries trucks lol

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:15 pm

I just passed up a running 8-n that went for around $300. at the junk auction Saturday!----I cant stand furds! LOL!!!---got one here that I am trying to sell for a friend.---Its a real 53 golden jubilee and 701 loader, good running tractor.---cant find a buyer! thanks; sonny

Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Postby Kirk-NJ » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:05 am

It was deleted by the time I looked at it. I would go for a later model The old N's are bringing peanuts these days. I picked up these beauties last week for $350 a piece. Worth that much in parts.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 am

SONNY wrote:I just passed up a running 8-n that went for around $300. at the junk auction Saturday!----I cant stand furds! LOL!!!---got one here that I am trying to sell for a friend.---Its a real 53 golden jubilee and 701 loader, good running tractor.---cant find a buyer! thanks; sonny

I don't blame you. I guess when you transitioned from a mule to an 8N or other N series Ford that was probably a real step up. But today, I see why they would bring peanuts. I grew up around similar size Deeres and Internationals from the 60s, 70s and 80s and I know the Fords were cheaper and had the three point hitch but it's still hard for me to figure out why someone would buy a Ford (or Ferguson or MF) when they could get an IH or JD for not too much more money, and get so much more tractor in terms of features (WAY better three point hitch) and comfort.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”