This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Christmas in April

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Zorro
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01821
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
1968 Case 155
Scotts 1542
Cordwood Saw
CC 125
CC 102
CC 129/1200
Circle of Safety: Y

Christmas in April

Postby Zorro » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:34 pm

What could be better than having a good buddy who is the honcho at a rentool place, especially when it's time to get rid of equipment that's been laying around the shop? I got "hooked up" with some pretty good stuff, and all for free! First off was a tub full of "new old stock" Briggs parts including a brand new carb, a ton of gaskets, pistons, rings carb parts etc. (with more to come). Next was a couple of generators; one Ryobi, and the other is a Coleman. Both were given to me not running, but they both run now. :D The Coleman still needs a carb rebuild as it only runs fully choked. (The aforementioned carb might work in it if the rebuild fails.) I also got a tile saw, and saving the best for last, I got a Troy-Bilt Pony rototiller. The tiller will be a bit of a project because it has a gearcase leak, and the engine smokes. Jon thinks it needs a valve job which is okay, and he gave me another 5hp Briggs that has been gone through at the shop. This other engine does not have a reverse gear however, so it looks like I need to focus on the original engine. It's fun trying to get stuff like this going, and I hope to sell these things eventually.
Hold her Knute, she's headin' for the buckwheat!

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Re: Christmas in April

Postby ricky racer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:37 am

Wow! Great haul!! :{_}:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Zorro
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01821
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
1968 Case 155
Scotts 1542
Cordwood Saw
CC 125
CC 102
CC 129/1200

Re: Christmas in April

Postby Zorro » Fri May 06, 2016 9:25 pm

I sold the Ryobi generator today, and did pretty good with it. I have to say that I think it is a great little generator for the money. They cost about $600 brand new at Home Depot, and have a rating of 2200 starting watts. The noise level is only 65 decibels which is only ten more than the Honda EU2000i. (Which is twice the price.)
The carburetor rebuild went well on the Coleman too, it is now a one-pull machine, though no where near as quiet as the Ryobi or the Honda. I'll be putting that one on Craigslist soon too.
I've got my cap set for a Cub Cadet HDS2155, so the extra money will help.
Hold her Knute, she's headin' for the buckwheat!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”