This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Season long garden log for 2009!(w/pics & videos)!

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Season long garden log for 2009!(w/pics & videos)!

Postby SONNY » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Well as of today the ground is frozen 2 or 3 inches deep and has been for several days,--so I go for some parsnips!!!---NONE LEFT!!!-damn VOLES destroyed the whole row!---I did get a few pieces that they missed so that is another crop that I will NOT be able to plant!

We are still harvesting seed from squash that we have stored in the basement! thanks; sonny

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Re: Season long garden log for 2009!(w/pics & videos)!

Postby dakcub » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:32 am

It's Dec 23, 2009 and ate the last fresh tomato from the garden this year....Before the first freeze my friend said pick the green ones and put them in a bag, they would ripen...low and behold three weeks later I something red in there......mmmmmmm good....now the oranges are ready....life is good in So Cal.
Robert (thanks for eating all my bell peppers Bill) Miller