This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

engine noise

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

engine noise

Postby Landreo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 am

I bought an EZ GO golf cart 5 years ago to use as a dump cart. It has a 2 cycle engine and has alway had a rattle that I assumed was old bearings. It started to get alot harder to start, needed a minute or so of cranking and choke to start. I assuemed that was due to leaking main seals. It finally stopped starting and after trying everything, I finally put my hand over the carb and there was no suction at all. So out with the engine and this is what I found:

The other side of the piston also had a crack. The two pieces were all I found and they were in the exhaust pipe. The rest must have been ground up into powder and shot out the exhaust.

New piston and seals, much more quiet not that it is not grinding piston parts.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: engine noise

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:20 pm

I didn't have the noise, but my old Par Car (Harley Davidson) 2 cycle got so badly worn it would not start a couple years ago. Finally broke down and ordered a piston and jug, much better now.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!