This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ticks, bugs and crawly things

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ticks, bugs and crawly things

Postby Former Member » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 am

I was getting ready for bed the other night, when Jan asked "what's that on your side?"

Sure enough, I had the first tick of the year, deeply embedded and feeding away. She had to dig deep to get him all out. Flushed the area and used iodine and an triple antibiotic ointment.

We had bee's the end of January, the tree frogs (peepers) have been singing for about a month, and the moles/voles have been tunneling up a storm.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Ticks, bugs and crawly things

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:19 am

no problem with ticks here yet, of course i would not notice, they do not like me. Have seen some mosquitoes, bagworms and ladybugs already.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ticks, bugs and crawly things

Postby danovercash » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Thunderstorms have woke up the snakes! Wednesday Ethan and me saw a 3'+ black snake on the carport wall. We watched while he got back down on the terrace and slivered over to the Dogwood tree and proceeded to climb it. It carefully picked the limbs and made it's way onto the roof of the house. Didn't know he was going there and could not reach it later. Went across thre roof and dissaperead around the ridge vent. Don't know where it was planning to go. Maybe down the chimney to the basement. Could have come up the floor drain easier. Glass doors should keep him from showing up in the living room. Won't have to worry about copperheads or mice, just giving the Wife a heart attack. Found a skin in the basement several years ago, but no snake. last and only live one was decades ago,less than a foot long. I looked in the attic under the ridge vent but did not see it. We had to leave for Church, so didn't get to see where it went.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Off Topic”