This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub 28a disk harrow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub 28a disk harrow

Postby danovercash » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:15 pm

John, F/H let's you carry a 38 disk while the disc plow is still on the tractor. You can attach/unattach the disk without getting off the Cub. Only other thing you have to do is hook/unhook the bail adjustment. Throw in a F/H lay off plow and you can do it all in one trip.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:25 pm

John,
Your rockshaft doesn't look like it is as high as the one in the illustration. Maybe the master lift unit doesn't go quite as high as a regular Touch-Control rockshaft. If you have a Touch-Control hooked to that rockshaft, you may get more lift by moving the lift link to a different hole.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 am

Jim Becker wrote:John, Your rockshaft doesn't look like it is as high as the one in the illustration. .........
I noticed that also. That is a converted hand lift I use with the TC, but when I compared i to my standard rockshaft setup they both reach the same angle, so I decided not to bother with trying the other setting. I can always make a set o longer straps or extend those. I now know how to make it work if I need to. What is a much better result is the disk does a much better job of working ground with the change in hook up.

Thanks for everyone's input. I have seen a few of these at shows, but all were setup the way mine was originally.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!