This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub impliment questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
michael
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27526

cub impliment questions

Postby michael » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Did IH make a fasthitch 16 blade gain disc and middle buster? I have a '64 red cub I just restored, wasnt the 64 the first year of the square grill and the last year of the "farmall" version? What is the story of the red and white cub?

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub impliment questions

Postby Super A » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:25 am

Yep and yep. They made several models of fast hitch disks, I don't know that the cub could handle a tandem though. I don't know all the model numbers, but I have a #120 I use with my Super A. It was made in the 60s. They made it in several sizes, my dad got a 20 blade version with his new 424 in 1967.

I want an IH fast hitch middle buster. I think I know where one is at, still used every year to dig sweet taters in the garden.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I've seen alot of middlebusters for the fast hitch, but they all seemed to be an aftermarket one. I have seen ONE middlebuster that "appeared" to be an original IH. Not sure if they offered one, but this one looked original with red paint and was a solid 1 peice design! The only one I've seen, and of course it was when we agreed to help a guy by hauling the Farmall 140 he had bought (that we missed out on because the owner lost our number). It was a nice looking unit.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:I've seen alot of middlebusters for the fast hitch, but they all seemed to be an aftermarket one. I have seen ONE middlebuster that "appeared" to be an original IH. Not sure if they offered one, but this one looked original with red paint and was a solid 1 peice design! The only one I've seen, and of course it was when we agreed to help a guy by hauling the Farmall 140 he had bought (that we missed out on because the owner lost our number). It was a nice looking unit.

The IH one had a lever to shift the buster bottom over, like the one for a standard Super A drawbar.

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Here's one owned by Brian Pierce from TM's gallery:

Bob

Edit: Cub F-17
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm

If it has a lever to shift it SIDE to SIDE then is it still a MIDDLEBUSTER? :? :D :lol:

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:02 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Here's one owned by Brian Pierce from TM's gallery:

Bob

Edit: Cub F-17

I sure would like to have one. I have a nice middle buster for a Super A with standard drawbar, but I'd like to be able to dig taters with Old Ugly if I need to....

Al