This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH hydraulic cylinder repair kit CORRECTION!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wrink3
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65622
Tractors Owned: 1977 New IH Cub
1977 IH 184

IH hydraulic cylinder repair kit CORRECTION!

Postby wrink3 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello All
In Feb I posted data for replacing the seals and wiper in the IH hydraulic cylinder used for the center lift and for the 3 pt lift on my 184. The data I posted was partially wrong and I APOLOGIZE for any problems I may have caused. The error was because the backup ring for the seal was hidden in goo and I missed it completely, also the guy sold me a U-type seal and the correct part is a quad seal. The data I posted for the wiper was fine as was the ID and OD of the components. The bright side is the quad seal is a lot cheaper than the U seal. Life intervened in Feb and I didn't get to work on the parts until last weekend and I found the backup ring then! Went back to Yarboroughs in Springfield, MO (they really are a great place) and now things are assembled and working. Here is the new data: The metal back wiper is the same as I listed in Feb: 1 3/4" ID, 3/16" tall and 2 1/8" OD and $5.65 each. The Quad seal is 2 1/8" OD,1 3/4 ID", and .21 " tall and $3.26 each. The backup ring is 2 1/8" OD,1 3/4" ID, and .070" thick and $2.78 each. The backup ring is a lot better design the original one as it is flexible and one piece and the original was harder and had an angled cut to allow it to be put it. The new one goes in very easy if you put it and the quad ring in at the same time.

Again I hope I didn't cause anyone any grief. Don't worry if you called me names--I deserved it and have probably been called worse. This new data is definitely correct.
Larry

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: IH hydraulic cylinder repair kit CORRECTION!

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for the update!
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: IH hydraulic cylinder repair kit CORRECTION!

Postby mozer71 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:06 am

I just had to log in, to say thanks! This is important information.