This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pulley pulling/How to put it back?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pulley pulling/How to put it back?

Postby Thackery » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:16 pm

I'm just about to pull the crank pulley. My next question is how to put it back on. Can it be drawn on with the threads in the end of the crank?

I also noticed that the pulley I have is broken where the hand crank should key in. Any one have a pulley they would like to sell?

Just to update: I had the exhaust valve stuck on #3, checked the spring and retainer and then worked it up and down while hosing down with PB Blaster. It still stuck until I started twisting the valve using the tips on needle nose pliers in the holes in the top of the valve. After twisting the valve starting working great.

Doug in Thackery

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:26 pm

There's plenty of screen time taken up on this subject, suggest you do a search for the reply.
Pulley TM JP, Ralph Carter and Grunwald, IHC, or even someone on the board?
Valve good work!
Pat

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:02 pm

I had tried searching, but I have not mastered the art of refining my search so I end up reading for twenty minutes to find something. By then my mind is on painting or plowing, so I just posted instead.

Thanks for the info. Still need a new pulley, anyone, anyone?

Doug

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:22 am

I broke my flange when pulling my pulley off the first time but found a new one on e-bay. I think I paid about $25 for it; probably something like $30 including shipping.

I just used the threads in the crank shaft and nutted the pulley back on. It wasn't easy. Follow the advice of many people. Lubricate the heck out of it and heat it in the oven. Then, very quickly, reinstall it. That's about it but the heat is the most important.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:49 am

Thackery,

TM Tractor or JP Salvage (both sponsors of the forum :wink: ) will have a pulley. Either of their sites can be viewed on this forums home page.
Kirk

CUBS:
'49