This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub deluxe seat

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Atvman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub deluxe seat

Postby Atvman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:27 pm

I got a 64 lo-boy with a pan seat. Im planning on changing it to a deluxe one. I noticed that the pan seat is actually bolted on an offset bracket to line up with the steering wheel. Is the deluxe seat offset? or is the seat actually not centered with the steering wheel. Thanks

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jackman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:33 pm

Well I have never seen the Loboy with a pan, but my 57 Loboy has a delux and it is centered to the steering wheel........ What type shifter do yo have? The delux seat requires a bent style shifter.......

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:54 pm

I think all Lo Boys had the bent shifter. Not sure how a deluxe seat mounts but you may be able to tell from the parts book. http://farmallcub.info/tc37f_db/tc37f_d ... 013-10.jpg

My 64 Lo Boy has a custom seat for easy access to the battery (or something???).
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel

Postby gitractorman » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:24 am

Just something to think about, that I never did until I had a lo-boy. The pan seat on the lo-boy is MUCH easier to get on and off of than the delux seat. The side arm rests on the delux seat really make it difficult to get on/off of the lo-boy, because the tires are rotated up and forward. You almost have to stand in front of the foot rest/brakes, facing the seat, then step up with your right foot, swing around 180 degrees to get your left leg under the steering wheel, and sit all at the same time.

I have a standard cub with a delux seat, and it is no problem, but on my 65 lo-boy that I restored last spring, the delux seat was a pain in the a@# to get on and off of. Now to put this in perspective, I am a young guy, 6'4" tall and 225 pounds, and in very good shape, so if it was a pain for me, it will be for almost anyone.

If I had it to do again, I would have found the parts for a pan seat, and thrown away the delux seat on my lo-boy.

Bill
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:36 am

Worse on a Lo Boy with a 1000 loader. The main upright is right in the way of the platform, so you gotta pretty much climb over the back or over the tires. Can't really tell from that picture. But that does give me something to think about if I ever decide to get another Lo Boy mount the loader on.... No deluxe seat.

The down side of the pan seat is that it has NO suspension at all on a Lo Boy. Guess you need the TM 2" foam cushion!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:26 am

Both the pan seat and deluxe seat are moved to the left on a Lo-Boy. It has nothing to do with the steering wheel... it's to clear the fender and the reason an F-Cub seat post can't be used.

I agree the deluxe seat makes getting aboard more difficult until it's moved 2 or 3 inches to the rear. I can't imagine why the necessary holes aren't already drilled unless the design team was all little, short, young guys. :D

I have 2 Lo-Boys and an F-Cub with deluxe seats and they have all been moved to the rear.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:42 am

I had forgotten about this deluxe seat on a 300-U that I thankfully no longer own. I think this feature could be easily added to the Cub since the seats are basically the same... adjustable tracks! Seat mounting tracks should be easy to find at an auto salvage yard.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:17 pm

George Willer wrote:I had forgotten about this deluxe seat on a 300-U that I thankfully no longer own. I think this feature could be easily added to the Cub since the seats are basically the same... adjustable tracks! Seat mounting tracks should be easy to find at an auto salvage yard.

The seat I want to use from my Super A in the other thread has those same adjustment tracks..... :D

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

geibes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48442

Postby geibes » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:02 pm

I used seat tracks from a junked Saturn to make my go kart seat adjustable. They were very easy to work with. Probably could adapt to a Cub without too much work.
geibes
1953 Cub - "Fenton Tiger Cub"
Spare parts - fast hitch, disk, one bottom plow, grader blade, C2 mower, wagon