This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pulley for my Woods mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
waterboychuck
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 99026

Pulley for my Woods mower

Postby waterboychuck » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 pm

I just bought a Woods belly mower but I do not have any pulley on my PTO. I read some previous posts and am not sure what to buy. I think I need to buy items #34 & 35 at this site. http://www.farmequipmentsalesinc.com/pa ... %2fAS-6441

Am i correct, or do I need something else. I did notice that there a hole in the PTO for a pin. Will I also need that? that would be #108 in the chart.

It's no fun to buy something that I have to return.

Thanks

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Pulley for my Woods mower

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 pm

That would be the correct parts for a Woods 59 (the Woods 42 would be a different pulley).

The site you are ordering from is just a few miles from me and I have done business with them. Nothing against them but the parts you are looking at should be available closer to you from any Woods Equipment dealer. I would think if you check a couple dealers and compare prices you can get a similar deal and save shipping and maybe even deal with them face to face.

Here's the Woods Equipment Dealer Locator.http://www.woodsequipment.com/dealerLocator.aspx

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Sorry missed the pin question. No pin needed. The hub is split and tapered. The pulley is also tapered. As you CAREFULLY AND EVENLY tighten the bolts it pulls the pulley onto the hub and tightens the hub onto the pto shaft. To remove the pulley you remove the bolts and put them in the other holes and they push the pulley off the hub. Be very carefull with the bolts they are easy to twist off if over tightened. I think there is a video in the how to section about installing and removing them.

(I think #108 is actually #10B and is the keystock for the pulley for the spindle on the mower deck)

Edit: found the hub video http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=42617

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Postby offrink » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:07 pm

I had a hard time finding one for a 59-c2. Just make sure you get the right size. I ordered one from a member here as well as picked up one from a local source.

waterboychuck
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby waterboychuck » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 am

Thanks for the information.

Scrivet, I do have a Woods 42 mower. So you say I need a different pulley then the one I posted. I did check the Woods dealers and found one in town here. I'll give them a call to see what they have.

This is my first tractor so everything is new to me. I usually work on cars from the 40's.

Chuck

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:52 am

Yes the pulley for a Woods 42 is a little larger than for a Woods 59. If the Woods dealer is to expwnsive you might try a want add here on the forum or JP Tractors a site sponsor who sells used parts. There's a link at the bottom of the page.

If you can work on 40's cars you'll have no problem working on the Cub. Spend some time reading through the operator's manual at either manual link above. You'll find Cub manuals as well as the Woods manuals. Don't hesitate to ask a question (or post a picture of your Cub :D )

waterboychuck
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby waterboychuck » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks again for the info. I tried posting a photo but with no luck on this site. I see the Img but don't know what to do then.

I did watch the video on Youtube. That site has a lot of information on it and has helped me several times in the past.

Chuck

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:32 am

There are several ways to add a photo. Look in the how to forum.

My favorite is as an attachment.
Once you click the reply button look just below the "Save draft-Preview-Submit" buttons and you should see "Options and Upload Attachment" Click on the Upload Attachment tab.

Under Filename click "choose file" and navigate to the file on your computer.

Click the picture you want and then "Open".
Now the picture name is in the window below and then click "add file".
Then click "place inline" and your picture will appear wherever in the post you happen to have your cursor. Just like this....
a5121s.jpg
a5121s.jpg (42.42 KiB) Viewed 925 times
By the way this is a substitute drawbar picture I have on my computer that I think is from TM's website.

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bythepond88 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Scrivet wrote:check a couple dealers and compare prices

Ditto that if you have more than one dealer within reasonable distance. When I needed to buy the mounting kit for Eddies mower (too much a newby to know that a mower from an FCub has different mounting gear from a Lo-Boy, and I didnt know about this site yet), I called three dealers. The highest price was almost twice what the lowest price was, and the lowest price was actually below Wood's suggested retail. The icing was that that was also the closest dealer.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

waterboychuck
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby waterboychuck » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up on attaching a photo. I chose this photo as it shows the PTO.
Attachments
Farmall Cub 6-24-14.JPG
Farmall Cub 6-24-14.JPG (228.1 KiB) Viewed 912 times